Where can I dispose of used motor oil?

Most oil recycling centers will accept up to five gallons of used oil free-of-charge. Many of the large auto parts retailers in Washoe County will take motor oil from local residents. Make sure when transporting the oil, that it is in a secured container and is free of contamination by lubricants, gasoline, or antifreeze.

In other Northern Nevada Counties, call the State of Nevada Recycling Hotline at 1-800-597-5865.