I have a mobile food unit and would like to participate in a special event. Do I need a temporary food establishment permit?

If a mobile food unit has a valid Mobile Food Permit issued from the Washoe County Health District (WCHD) Food Protection Program, a temporary food permit is not required if the unit is fully self-contained as permitted and other food preparation or storage equipment is not required; however, the mobile food unit must have the permission of the event promoter to participate in the event. If the mobile food unit does not have a valid WCHD Mobile Food Permit, a temporary food establishment permit is required.
NOTE concerning multiple-day special events: A mobile food unit must return to the designated servicing area DAILY as a condition required under the valid mobile permit. A temporary food establishment permit is required if the mobile unit remains in the same location for the duration of a multi-day event.