Health District

I am going to have a tasting event where food is donated and sampled by patrons; do I need a temporary food permit?

A temporary food establishment permit must be obtained to cover each separate food vendor. Please contact this agency for available permitting options.

Last modified on 11/30/2018

NOTICE: The Washoe County Health District will be changing its name to Northern Nevada Public Health on Aug. 31, 2023. That move will result in major design changes (look and feel) to the website, a new URL (, a new logo and more. More information on the change will be available soon.