Environmental Health

Where do I make a complaint if I become sick from eating food at an event or restaurant?

If you believe that you became ill as a result of eating a meal prepared at a food establishment located in Washoe County, please call our office at (775) 328-2434 to report your illness.

Do I need a permit to drill or recondition an existing well?

A well construction permit must be obtained from Northern Nevada Public Health to construct, drill, recondition or plug a well. The permit applications are available and are processed at the Health District offices.

Last modified on 08/14/2023