Water Projects/Engineering

Can NNPH accept “red line” corrections on plans?
Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH) cannot accept any red line corrections on plans.  All plans are submitted through the City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County Community Services Department (CSD) and therefore, all plans must match.  Since NNPH is only a small piece of the total plan review, all revisions must be submitted through the correct agency and routed for review.
Can we meet with NNPH to discuss specific concerns or projects?

Meetings are held at Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH) office, and scheduling is completed through NNPH staff at 775-328-2434 or the ehsplanreview@nnph.org email.  

Is there a special exception process?

When a special exception is requested, this must be completed by the Water System submitting the plan for whatever the proposed exception is to the plan.  This must include why the minimum requirements of NAC 445A cannot be maintained, provide an analysis of any potential public health impacts, how this exception can be protective of public health, and any other pertinent information necessary to complete the review process.

Special exceptions are considered only on a case-by-case basis.

All special exceptions must be completed and submitted in writing to Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH).  NNPH will coordinate with NDEP for concurrent review and comment as part of the review process.

What is required for a Final Map signature from NNPH?
An approved water project that matches the grading and civil infrastructure plans is required in order for Northern Nevada Public Health to sign any final map.  Map Signature form
What is required when the design does not meet the minimum requirements for construction per NAC 445A?

A justification for each occurrence must be included with the plan submittal from the licensed professional preparing the plans.  The justification must address the proposed design, why it is required, why the design could not be modified to meet the requirements of NAC 445A, and address the potential public health impacts associated with not meeting the minimum construction requirements.

What are ANSI / NSF requirements?

Per Nevada Administrative Code 445A, certain water system infrastructure is required to meet ANSI / NSF requirements and demonstrate the appropriate certification for use.

The following list of websites provide ANSI / NSF Accredited Third-Party Certification (https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P100LVYK.txt):

  1. CSA - https://www.csagroup.org/testing-certification/product-listing/
  2. IAPMO - http://pld.iapmo.org/default.aspx
  3. ICC ES PMG - https://icc-es.org/pmg-listing-program/listing-directory/
  4. Intertek - http://etlwhidirectory.etlsemko.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
  5. NSF - http://info.nsf.org/Certified/PwsComponents/index.asp?standard=061
  6. Truesdail - https://www.truesdail.com/product-listings/
  7. UL - http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/index.html
  8. WQA - https://www.wqa.org/Find-Products#/
What are the professional stamp and signature requirements for plan submittal?

Per the Nevada Board of Professional Engineer and Land Surveyors (NVBPELS), all plans are required to be stamped and signed in accordance with NAC 625.

Per the Nevada State Board of Architecture, Interior Design and Residential Design (NSBAIDRD), all plans are required to be stamped and signed in accordance with NAC 623.

What is required when water infrastructure is completed?

Water project completion letters are required to be submitted to Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH) once all infrastructure has been installed and tested.  These letters are also a requirement for the developer to receive the Certificate of Occupancy and be able to sell or occupy any structures proposed.  Water Project Completion Letter

How are separation distances determined?

All separations are determined from the outside pipe or enclosure.  All plan submittals should be utilizing the outside diameter of pipe, catch basin, sewer main, storm drain, etc to identify the minimum separation distance allowed per NAC 445A.

Plans must demonstrate actual pipe diameters and ensure all separations meet the minimum requirements of NAC 445A.

How do I find the status of a Water Project or Construction plan review?

Email ehsplanreview@nnph.org

All plan review status, supplemental information for review, and other information regarding plans should be emailed to this location.

Emails should include the building permit number or water project number in the subject line.

What is the submittal process for a water project?
  • All water projects are submitted by the permitted public water system directly to Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH) for review and approval.  All NNPH correspondence will be distributed through the water system. For NNPH to approve a construction permit or final map, NNPH must review and approve the associated water project, and the two designs must match. 
  • Water Project Application

Last modified on 08/14/2023