NORTHERN NEVADA Public Health Serving Reno, Sparks & Washoe County

Septic & Well Records Request

Submitting a Records Request for Septic & Well


  • You will be asked for both the address and the Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) of the property for which you are requesting records. You are not required to submit both, but some records could be missed as either the address or APN may have changed. The APN can be found by searching the Assessor’s website.
  • Property records may not be accurate and should be considered to provide an approximate location at best. In situations where exact locations are needed, a third party septic or plumbing company can often provide locating services. The Health District will request this during plan reviews when necessary.
  • Pending permits may not be provided as they are not considered a final property record until all aspects of the permit have been satisifed and documented.

Last modified on 08/23/2023